As some of you may or may not know, Transport For London are going to take over several rail lines on 11th November 2007 and collectively call it London Overground. Now what am I talking about? Well, this all new network will have new trains, refurbished stations and more staff!
One of the lines that are going to have the benefit is the Euston – Watford line which is currently being run by Silverlink Metro. If you have been on the Silverlink or Bakerloo line between Queen’s Park and Harrow & Wealdstone, you will have noticed the stations have been run down and are in urgent need of repair…and London Overground hopefully will do that!
An integrated network will cover all parts of London including…
1. Euston – Watford line
2. North London Line: Richmond – Stratford
3. West London Line: Willesden Junction – Clapham Junction
4. Gospel Oak – Barking line
In addition, it was announced that the following stations would be in London Underground control…
1. Currently Silverlink stations between Harrow & Wealdstone – Queen’s Park (but not Willesden Junction) on the Bakerloo line
2. Gunnersbury and Kew Gardens stations on the District line
3. Blackhorse Road, Highbury & Islington and West Brompton stations on the North London railway
Really exciting stuff! What do you think about London Overground? Do you welcome the idea? Let me know!