I went to central London last week and picked up the latest Tube Map for March 2008 at Piccadilly Circus station. There are a few changes made to the map:
– Heathrow Terminal 5 is now solid and opens 27th March 2008 (I do plan to visit the station on that day…there will be photos too, I will keep you updated on this!)
– In Check before you travel section in the Piccadilly line entry, it states that trains via Terminal 4 may take up to 8 minutes before continuing to Terminals 1, 2, 3
– Wood Lane station now says opens late 2008
– Shepherd’s Bush Central line station is closed and reopens October 2008
– Shepherd’s Bush Overground station now says opens late 2008
– Borough station states exit only during peak hours
– The East London line extensions have disappeared from the map
– Rotherhithe station can now be reached on bus route 381 (the ELP bus service was withdrawn late February)
– Victoria line has information boxes on the map about the early closures
– Oakwood station now is step free access
– Pinner station is not step free access and the dagger symbol has now disappeared at long last
– The Thameslink information has disappeared from West Hampstead station but the walking distance remains
– And so does that of Canary Wharf!!!
– Tower Gateway DLR station now closes June 2008 until Summer 2009.
– Liverpool Street has lost its airport interchange symbol
Finally has anyone wondered what the dagger symbol next to Chancery Lane meant as there is no indication whatsoever? The answer is at one time, they were planning to close Chancery Lane on Sundays until the late summer to help with station refurbishment. But now, this appears to be postponed. So the dagger symbol should not really be there!
That’s all the changes…what do you think? Let me know!!!